Friday, January 10, 2014

The Monster: Rimmel London Review

I bought a new foundation last week. I don't usually wear foundation because I have sensitive skin and I'm also just really picky when it comes to things like make-up.


I bought a pretty big bottle, if I do say so myself, of Rimmel London's Long Lasting 25-hour liquid foundation. It was on sale at Boots for £4.99 (regular price is £7.99, I think) and I really needed one. They had loads of different shades which were really specific so I managed to find the one that matched my skin tone quite easily. My friends and I searched through other brands as well and found nothing.



If you've seen my previous little tutorials on here then you'd know I already had a bottle of foundation. It's smaller and twice as expensive (from Maybelline New York). I love Maybelline products but I found the foundation a bit disappointing since it cracked as soon as it dried.


Application-wise, it's really easy to apply. I don't have a proper foundation brush so I just use my fingers. The foundation pretty much puts itself onto your face, blending straight away. It's really easy to spread as well and I usually just need 1-2 pumps worth of foundation for my face and I have a big head!


With the Rimmel London foundation, my face is pretty well covered from such a small amount. It is a really good foundation. I really like that you don't have to cake it all onto your face before your blemishes get covered. I've been wearing it for a few days now (first time to school yesterday) and it did pretty well against the rain. It also says it's "hydrating" on the bottle and I have to admit that it's true. I haven't had to rely on my E45 as much lately because my skin isn't dry on face anymore and I don't have as many spots as before. Magic? Probably...

I don't know if Rimmel sells in other countries but you should definitely get a bottle yourself if you're in the UK.



No comments:

Post a Comment