Friday, July 26, 2013

Amazing Alex: Get Ready With Me- Summer Date Night

I hope every one's summer is going fabulous! I'm sure we've all been spending some quality time with a special someone. I decided to do a post on getting ready for a summer date night. It's going to be something similar to a "Get Ready With Me" video on YouTube except in word form! Enjoy! :)

Date Night Ideas
I wanted to incorporate this because it's just what I would be doing on a summer date with my friends.

A Movie- this is so easy! A movie with you, your boyfriend, and of course your group of friends. I recently saw Monsters Inc. University with some friends and it was amazing!

Mini Golf- Who doesn't love mini golf? Have a little bet with your boyfriend, whoever loses has to buy ice cream afterwards, or you could always go for the "whoever loses has to give the other person a kiss," I am so willing to try this!

A Bike Ride- Perfect! It's an exercise and romantic! This is the perfect opportunity to just talk and check out the scenery. Go to a local dairy and get some ice cream for your hard work. (Every time I think of a romantic bike ride, I think of "Begin Again" by Taylor Swift.)

The best part about these date ideas is that you can incorporate friends and of course wear an adorable outfit!


Hair
I'm going to let it air dry and then place some heat protecting spray by Aussie in it and just straighten it. 

Makeup
It's summer, so I like to keep things pretty natural.

Face:




First I apply a moisturizer. I use one from Neutrogena. I think that's a very good brand for acne prone skin. I don't use a primer because the moisturizer works very well.

For a foundation, I like to go with something very light. I don't want anything to heavy on my face. I used the Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation. Usually, I would go with the skin clearing foundation from Neutrogena, but in this case I wanted to keep it super light.

For a concealer, I use one from Covergirl. And set everything with a powder, again with a powder from Covergirl.

For blush, I use an Ecotools brush and apply Physician's Formula's Natural color onto my cheek bones.


Eyes:
I would like to use a light shadow on my eyes. I use one from Bareminerals in the shade "Daydream." The other color in the duo is called "Wanderlust." I use a very, very minimal amount on my outer corner. I do NOT put it in my crease because I find it makes me look like a raccoon.

For mascara, I like to use the one by Natureluxe. I think it's amazing. It separates my lashes and makes them a bit longer. I think it's perfect. It's super natural.


Lips:
I'm sure we would all love to go out with the red lips or the glossy pink color. I on the other hand just go with a simply EOS lip balm in a vanilla scent. I was reading different articles and what not and I came across something that stated that I should not wear something like a sticky gloss or bight lip color in case you're going to get a kiss. (Guys don't like that, but who would blame them?)

Outfit
I love more of a casual look. 



On those colder summer nights I like to wear light cardigans. I wore a white camisole from Aeropostale and a grey and red striped cardigan. I wore a belt for Aeropostale and shorts from American Eagle Outfitters. These are my favorite shorts ever. They're comfortable and they're not super short that they're showing half of your behind! They're perfect! As for shoes, I'm wearing some sandals that I borrowed from my sister. I believe they're from Kohls. 

Purse Essentials
I decided on a summer date it would be perfect to wear a cross body bag. This way, my hands can be free to participate in the activity. Even if my hands aren't required, it still is super cute for summer! I chose a coach bag that I got for my birthday a few years back. 

Some essentials I would carry in my purse include my cell phone (obviously), my wallet with some cash, I would recommend approximately $25. (I have a sister, who is my best friend, she likes to hangout with my friends, which is no problem. My friends love her and what not, so I bring a bit more just for her.) those are the obvious things that anyone would bring. I would also bring a small compact mirror, a Chapstick (EOS Vanilla), Oil Absorbing Sheets, and anything else you would like. That's about it for me. 


Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post. I had a lot of fun doing it. I'm super excited to go on a summer date now.

Xoxo,

Alex :)


My Blog: http://allaboutamazingalex.blogspot.com/
My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/amazingAlex13
My Email: amazingalex1313@gmail.com
Our Email: amazingalexandthemonster@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment