Friday, July 12, 2013

The Monster: Keeping Things Simple

Looking good doesn't necessarily mean wearing as many colours or shapes as you can. I like to keep the amount of colour on me to a minimum and, if you're the kind of person that wants to avoid looking like a walking rainbow, then keep on reading.

I have two guidelines when it comes to deciding what to wear: 

  1. If the top has more than four colours, the bottom should only be one colour. Basically, if you're wearing something with a colourful pattern or design, wear trousers, shorts or a skirt that is only one colour. It stops you from becoming too colourful and adds balance to your outfit. Since I had prom this week, I spent my time in a dress and from then on, I've just been in pyjamas. This means that, unfortunately, I have no picture to show you what I mean but I think you get the idea.
  2. Wear two main colours and then add an accent colour. This is usually used for interior design but no one ever said you can't apply it to clothes. For me, one of the main colours has to be black since black goes with everything. This is also a simple and easy way to be edgy and stand out. With this guideline, less is definitely more. Here's a sneaky selfie from the changing rooms in Debenhams last Saturday (where I changed my tights) to show you what I mean:


With this outfit, the two main colours are black and white (my watch is also black and white) with a red accent. And, if you're wondering, my top says "I'm too hip to hop" in a speech bubble with a rabbit underneath it.

I didn't get these little guidelines from some website or anything like that. I just thought of them myself. They've been working well so far and if I think of any more, I'll be sure to share them with you.

Other stuff
I had my prom last Tuesday so if you'd like to see what I was wearing and what everyone else was wearing click here

Our email: amazingalexandthemonster@gmail.com
My email: pauline.subong@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment