Friday, August 30, 2013

The Monster: Get Ready With Me

I went out with one of my close guy friends on Wednesday and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to do this post since I haven't posted in two weeks. 

*All of the writing are in the captions of each photo :-) I thought I'd try something different.

Yes, I am in a robe. I literally just got out of the shower.

Hot Straight from L'Oreal
I apply this to my hair when it's still a bit damp.

Hair Dryer from Revlon and the straighteners are from Hair Sassoon
They are extremely old - I think I've had them since I was 10. 5 out of 5 on durability.

Because of the Hot Straight cream, my hair has already dried kind of straight. I just straighten out the kinks after I dry my hair.

The hair straighteners have 6 heat settings. Since they're old, I don't think they get as hot as newer straighteners.
This is actually, in my opinion, better because you don't damage your hair as much with the heat. 

This is my hair after I've straightened it. I pinned up one side with some hairpins from Boots.

After doing my hair, I put on eye make-up. I'm not a big fan of foundation and lip glosses.

The eye liner is from Maybelline New York and the eyebrow definer is from Avon.
The eyebrow definer is so easy to use so it would get a 5 out of 5 from me.
The eye liner takes some getting used to but I've been using it for over two years now so I'm a pro at putting it on.

The webcam wasn't big enough to get my face in as well but this is what I wore on my day out.
Top and skirt from Next
I also wore a pair of tights from Superdrug. They came as a pair of five and I've only ever worn each
pair twice at most because they rip so easily.
The tights are a definite 1 out of 5 on durability.

I love this necklace. Unfortunately, I don't know where it's from since I got it from one of my friends.

Bag from River Island
I got this as a birthday present.
The watch I'm wearing is made by Storm.

It's understandable how so many people think I'm a goth. I just prefer to wear dark colours.

Also, when you are going out with a guy friend (alone), make sure you don't look like a couple. At all. 

Sneaky picture from one of the dressing rooms in Bhs
I loved the dress but the sleeves made my arms look big...
:-(

1 comment: